LifeSmart Physiotherapy Clinic carries braces that are off-the-shelf or custom-made. LifeSmart physiotherapists can provide consultations to help you choose the right product for you.
Braces can be a good complement to physiotherapy rehabilitation, because it helps to restrict movements that can make your injury worse. They are most common for treating injuries such as:
- Tennis and golfers’ elbow
- Wrist sprains / ligament tear
- Ankle sprains / ligament tear
- Knee sprain / ligament tear – ACL, PCL, MCL, LCL
- Low Back pain
- Various thumb/finger injuries – skier’s thumb
- Various knee injuries – patellofemoral pain syndrome, jumper’s knee, meniscus tear
Custom-made braces are fabricated based on precise measurements taken. They are made to address specific dysfunctions, such as kneecap mal-tracking, post-operation, chronic sprains etc. Because they are custom-made, the brace provides advanced support for joint instabilities, and often preferable for return-to-sports. It is also superior for people who experience knee pain from osteoarthritis.
Custom-made braces are fully covered by most extended health insurance plans.
Visit us or call us today to ask how SmartLife custom bracing can help you achieve your personal best!